Because I don’t have enough works in progress, I started a new project today.
I’ve had the fabric for a red and white quilt for a while, but couldn’t decide on the pattern. Then I got this book:
So the plan now is to make a bunch of different 10″ X blocks. I have three different reds, so I’m set for those that need more than one color in addition to the white background.
The first one (above) is Mosaic #10 in the book. (I do not getting the naming process of these at all.)
I had to add the color reminder post-it because the directions are labelled light and dark, and I’m reversing those. I made a cutting error at first, but caught on fairly quickly.
I also didn’t use the template, as it was just a 4″ square cut on the bias. I could do that one without the bother of a template.
This will be a once and a while project that I can pick up and make a block or two when I’m in the mood.