i haven’t accomplished a lot this week, but I did buckle down a bit yesterday (or rather put down the ebooks and took up the fabric) and finish up a quilt.
It is the pin basting that prevents me from getting more tops past the top stage to the quilting stage. Crawling around on the basement floor is hard on the knees. But when I’m actually doing it, I always wonder why I put it off. It isn’t as much of a chore as I build it up to be.
I wanted polka dots for the back to contrast with all the angles and straight lines on the front, but I didn’t find what I wanted in the colors I was looking for. But I like the teal circles on white that I did find almost as much as my original vision.
I quilted it quickly and simply once the pinning was done, with parallel lines echoing the path of the arrows. Light gray thread on the front and white in the bobbin. There is a small amount of wobble in my straight lines – I’m never going to be the world’s most accurate sewer – but I like the emphasis it gives the angles.
A little squareing and trimming:
and the spiffy wonder clips to help with the hand stitching of the deep red binding:
And now it just needs its first wash to add the crinkles and I can list it in the store!