While others were creating sawdust this weekend, I got a little time on the sewing machine. First I made a couple of dog bed covers for my brother (discovering along the way that I will never sew with rubber/plastic backed outdoor fabric ever again!) and then today I made a tunic that I’ve been meaning to try for a while.
After chopping apart a men’s shirt from Goodwill and a long sleeve T I had on hand:
I sewed the two together. A few pleats to make them fit and the addition of belt-like section where they join, and I have a nearly finished tunic. I want to add a couple buttons to the belt and I need to complete the top stitching, but I like the finished result. Not slimming, but very comfy.