I finished up the last border on the Scrapitude quilt this morning – the wide border made it a little too long for my mom to hold it, even with a chair to stand on, so we recruited my husband and held it over the deck.
The border is maybe too wide for the middle, but I like it anyway, and it is a better size for a bed. The scrappy part will cover the top of a twin with enough overhang for the sides. A burst of color for a bedroom.
Finishing this means the flannel wall is available for the next top. I’ve been wanting to make a flying geese quilt for a while, so I started cutting for that this morning.
I’m using the no waste method to make batches of four matching geese.
I’m not sure about all the patterned fabrics yet in combination with each other. The solids are Kaffe Fassett shot cottons. There will be more cutting and I need to decide if I’m going to vary the size of the geese, but it is a start.