My flying geese quilt top is progressing despite the heat driving me out of the sewing room fairly early in the day. I’ve gone from this:
And ended up up today with this:
I changed up the fabric after cutting far too many squares of the other prints. The colors were right, but the patterns didn’t go well together – I was combining Valerie Wells’ Quill fabrics with Kaffe Fassett dots and whatever the millefiori spots are called. I kept the dots, got rid of the millefiori, dug out more Quill prints, and added in a couple of other fat quarter prints I had on hand that blended better. I also ordered a few more half yards of Quill prints and I’ll go by Fabric Depot tomorrow and pick them up. I was especially happy because they were on clearance!
I’ll have some rearranging to do to mix up directions and colors when I finish all the blocks, but so far it is looking just like I envisioned it. And I’m getting a lot of practice at cutting and sewing to preserve the geese points. There is drastic improvement since the first blocks went together.