I’ve always liked the word plethora – the sound of it – but in this case, a plethora of unfinished projects is way too much to keep warehoused. Projects must be finished at a much higher rate!
Back in March I made a list of quilting WIPs, but today I went rummaging and created a much longer one for all my crafts. There can be only one conclusion – I have too many fiber hobbies.
A lot of this project list can be disposed of quickly as it just requires doing away with the projects – many I stopped knitting because they weren’t working out, but they are still hanging around.
- Fingerless gloves – just the thumbs left to do
- Pink handspun slippers – frog, didn’t like the results of the first one finished
- Shawl in Tosh blues – frog, find a better contrast yarn and restart
- D’s cupcake – frog, he’s forgotten he ever asked for one
- Daily temperature scarf – abandon and felt what is done for coasters
- Novelty scarf on giant needles – frog and donate yarn
- Red sweater – my oldest WIP, knit years ago, it just needs a crocheted edging and buttons, but will it even fit now?
- Blue cable sweater – sew pieces together, do collar and add zipper
- Orange sweater – what was I thinking with this yarn?! Frog and donate yarn
- Blue-gray socks – a project I just started, and the only active knitting project
- update – I found another project, a ladybug sweater that is going to be frogged
This project list is thankfully short – just one project started, a rug that I’ve partially warped for recently. It will be very quick once I start weaving.
The last time I checked my Excel chart, I had just under 27 lbs. of fiber to spin. The mere fact that I need an Excel chart shows how out of control this hobby is!
Currently going on to bobbins:
- Red alpaca/wool – 3 bobbins spun, probably three more to go
- Purple/blue merino – 1/2 bobbin done, 1-2 more to go
- Just J’s monster to finish – it has a completed and stuffed body, but needs appendages and a face
- My sheep in a field has been waiting his field for years now
- Three knit shirt conversions to tunics
- Mom’s backpack purse – the pieces are cut out
- Floor pillows – I’ve started combining the upholstery samples into fabric
- update – left off the embroidered circles that need to be sewn into a pillow cover
- also left off the paper pieced snowflake that needs to be finished to become a pillow
- Black work sampler – barely started and needs to be abandoned because my eyesight just isn’t up to it
- Wild flowers – doesn’t need a lot to finish, but I couldn’t decide on how to do the blue flowers
- undersea scene – just a few more sea creatures needed
- Octopus – so close to done! Just needs hanging tabs
- Mountains and flowers – I don’t love it, but it is also very close to done, so just do it already!
- City and trees – needs more embellishment, but the majority is done
- Scrap in a box – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding
- Scrappy stars around the corner – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding
- Red and white Xs – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding
- Floral diamonds – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding
- Wonky scrap stars – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding (well, that got repetitive!)
- Strings table runner – a couple more blocks needed
- Oceans QAL – half the blocks done
- Tiny scraps block blobs – still trying to visualize where I’m going with these
- D’s Pokemon quilt – fabric purchased – barely qualifies for the IP part of WIP, but it needs doing so it goes on the list
I’m sure there are more that I’ve missed, so this list may grow before it shrinks, but I am vowing here and now that it will shrink! My goal for the summer is to halve it at least. And this public posting, with updates, is going to keep me motivated and honest.