I really need to figure out a better name for this project.
It started on a day I was feeling uninspired by my current projects and the scraps were overflowing, so I created this block from my littlest scraps bin.
It is fun just playing randomly with a mess of scraps. And a real trip down memory lane of all the previous quilts that produced these scraps!
Weeks later, I made another one.
They hung in the closet for a long while. Then when I made my WIP list, I started thinking about them again. But what they should become escaped me.
I sketched out a few possibilities.
My favorite of those was the middle one in the bottom row. But I’d nearly finished a third blob by then, and it was going to be a bigger quilt than I wanted with that design. The blobs blocks are around 21-22″ and I want them to float apart, not be too crowded together.
So I think it will be a combo of the top drawing and that middle one. No white blobs, but a flatter division between the top and bottom sections, with some baby blobs thrown in.
So far it looks like this:
It it doesn’t really show in the pictures, but the background fabric is also a mix of white-on-white and white-on-cream fabrics.
The sew-and-whack-and-sew randomness of the process makes a change from the precision of the Oceans quilt, so I’ll be going back and forth between the two for a while.