It amazes me every time how a pile of fiber is so reduced in volume when spun.
There are four ounces of merino on this bobbin, and another four ounces of fiber beside it.
I was able to start this colorful fiber (it is brighter in real life) because I have at long last finished spinning all the red alpaca/merino! A lot of plying to be done, but so happy to be able to say I’ve completed all the singles.
Now I have to decide if it is going to be a two or three ply.
But before that, some house work may be in order. Unless I can figure out a way to spin dust bunnies. In the interests of full disclosure, I found this one while pulling a bin out from under the bed to get more bobbins:
I’m both amazed and appalled. It is practically a new species.