To get ready for the new year of crafting, I’ve revisited my previous WIP list and removed all the finished projects and set some goals for 2017. This list will probably get revised again – one of my goals is to reorganize the craft room before vacation ends in a few days, and more forgotten projects are bound to turn up.
WIP for 2017:
- Red sweater – my oldest WIP, knit years ago, it just needs a crocheted edging and buttons, but will it even fit now?
- Blue cable sweater – just needs zipper sewn in
- Volt wrap – complete i-cord edging
New Goal: Knit a complete cardigan in 2017
- Rug – partially warped on floor loom – this one has been sitting there so long it is getting dusty
26 lbs. of fiber in the stash to be spun! In progress:
- Gray merino/alpaca/angora – 1/3 of ~7 oz. spun
New Goals: spin 8 oz. a month, 6 lbs. total through 2017; reduce stash below 20 lbs.
- J’s red monster – needs a face
New Goal: crochet two cotton bath mats
- Sheep in a field – needs the field
- Knit shirt conversion to tunic
- Mom’s backpack purse – the pieces are cut out
- Floor pillows/poofs – I’ve started combining the upholstery samples into fabric
- Embroidered circles that need to be sewn into a pillow cover
- Paper pieced snowflake that needs to be finished to become a pillow
- Placemats – need backings to be finished
No new sewing goals, just need to finish some of these!
- Wild flowers – figure out what the blue flowers should look like, add others
- Mountains and flowers – needs some top stitching and a back
- City and trees – needs more embellishment
New Goal: Make the Oregon wall hanging I’ve been mulling for a while
- Scrap in a box – top finished and pinned, needs quilting and binding
- Red and white Xs – top finished and sandwich pinned, needs quilting and binding
- Strings table runner – a couple more blocks needed
- Oceans QAL – five blocks to complete before assembling top
- needs octopus, orcas, lighthouse, shark. and seagulls
- Scrap blobs – blob blocks need background
- Jelly roll baby quilt – top finished, back purchased, needs pinning, quilting and binding
New Goal: Make a king sized quilt for our summer bed blanket
It is a little overwhelming each time I look at this list, but it really is shorter than it was the first time I made it, and I keep reminding myself that I enjoy all these crafts and it is as much about the process as the products!