It was a weekend of alphabet sewing. The pattern for Dress no. 2 from 100 Acts of Sewing came and I started in immediately with two alphabet covered fabrics I bought while waiting out the mail.
I want a bunch of tunics to wear to work, and this simple pattern – there are only three pattern pieces – means I can whip out a lot of tops without a lot of sewing trauma.
I traced and cut out my size, and then started modifying. I wanted a tunic rather than a dress (although this would be a pretty short dress) so I left off some length. When I tried on the body it was much too full in the front for the look I was going for, so I added some waist shaping and tucks. I left off the pockets as well. Other than all that, I sewed the pattern as is. 🙂
And I only had to bring out the seam ripper once, when I sewed the neck bias tape to the wrong side because I wasn’t paying attention.
It fits, is comfortable, and will be great for work.
I immediately started the second one.
Exact same modifications, even quicker finish, and I love them both.
I’m already planning the next two.