More tunic fabric arrived in the mail, and was quickly attacked with pins and scissors. I think that this makes numbers 6 & 7 from the pattern for Dress no. 2. You can see some of the others here and here.
I made a few different adjustments this time. As usual, I shortened the pattern to tunic length and left off the patch pockets. I also tried out a v-neck instead of the scoop, and narrowed the back a bit to replace the darts that I’d added to the others. For the butterfly version, I added a tie in the back. So, you know, totally different than the last five. 🙂
There was one major screw-up. I cut both front and back at the same time, and I forgot to remove the back piece when I cut the v-neck out on the butterfly version, making a v-neckline in the back as well as the front. I mulled adding a contrast color insert to fill it back in, as you can see in the pic below, but ended up just getting another length of the fabric to recut with a higher neckline.
My work wardrobe continues to expand, filling up with these oh-so-comfortable and colorful tunics. They don’t look terribly flattering on the hanger, but I like the length and the roominess and it is fun finding the next fabric to use.
The fabric for #8 is on deck – plaid flannel next, for the cooler weather coming in.