I went way back into the closet for today’s sewing project. Do you remember this one? I finished the top back in May of 2016.
You can see posts about making the various blocks and putting it all together here.
Today I settled in with my walking foot and outlined all the Xs. A lot of twisting and pushing to turn all those corners! I did a row at a time and then paused to bury the thread ends so I could also stretch and unlink my shoulders. I tend to have my shoulders around my ears as I sew. I try to be conscious of it and put them down but they inevitably creep up again.
I sewed just outside the red, following the edge wherever it led.
It was a happy moment when I reached the last X!
Now I’m filling in all the white background with free motion loops. It goes much faster, though it has been a while since I did it, so my stitch lengths are pretty uneven. This is the stage where I really wish I had access to a long arm quilting machine so I could be more intricate with the fillers.
I have built up a backlog of quilt tops so my winter goal is to get them all finished. There are at least four more after this one.