As the weather gets sunnier, some of the many tunics I’ve made from work had to be taken out of rotation – flannel was too warm, and the darker ones weren’t right for the sunshine.
So this weekend I made three more.
It was totally assembly line sewing. I cut the pieces out in multiples and did all the steps in multiples of three (or six in the case of the sleeves).
Normally I am not a pinner, but with the sleeves especially I used a lot of pins to ease in the curve of the sleeve caps.
They are quite shapeless on the hangers, but I do add in waist shaping, and they are very comfortable to wear. I can be active in them without getting too hot and the fabric makes me feel cheerful. And with all these tunics, I never have to spend much time thinking about what to wear.
As always, modified versions of Dress no. 2 from 100 Acts of Sewing. Two scoop necks, one v neck, and the ice cream cones version has ties in the back.